Saturday, January 15, 2011

1-15-2011 Saturday

Today was filled with pricing more items around town. Made my list of prices at Winco for items that I tend to purchase. I keep this in my coupon binder. That way I know when I am getting a good deal. I still want to make a trip out to Cash & Carry in Parkland and price things in their store. It really does save you money when you take the time to price groceries. I don't price everything....only what we use the most of.

Here is an example from my Costco price list:
flour $0.28/lb, 25 lb sack, $7.10
sugar $0.60/lb, 25 lb sack, $14.99
brown sugar $0.813/lb, 4 lb bag, $3.25
dill pickles $3.69/64 oz.
bisquick $0.51/oz, 4.92/6 lbs/96 oz.

The price list that I care the most about is my staples: bread, milk, eggs, flour, sugar, pickles (yes, pickles are a staple in our home), dried beans, rice, tortilla shells, chicken, beef. I don't bother with pricing things that I'd normally not purchase.

Today was chalk full of busy, busy ,busy! The kids raced their cars at the AWANA grand prix. While they were there, I went out to Puyallup to fill my ink cartridges. Then it was off to Winco to work on my price lists. Met a friend at RiteAid and picked up a space heater - borrowing it to heat my garage up for my oldest son's birthday party. Picked up my husband & kids from church. Went home to have lunch. Drove back out to Puyallup to pick up my ink cartridges. Drove back home. Cleaned up the living room. Practiced the piano for a solo at church tonight. Packed up and headed out the door for church. Came home and had dinner. Are you tired yet? Sometimes I wonder how we manage to do so much in 1 day! I'm worn out just typing all of it.

We had dinner after church. Sometimes that is how we have to roll on Saturday's. We had an easy dinner tonight. My kids wanted to make dinner. So, we had corndogs.

Dinner:
corndogs $0.24/each  = $2.64 We had 11 of them (picked up 1 extra kiddo for the night)
we drank water with dinner

Today's totals:
Food purchases: $0.00
Coupon savings on food: $0.00
Dinner costed: $2.64

Tally for January 2011
Food purchases: $57.90
Coupon savings on food: $49.26
Dinner costs: $24.01 (average is $1.60/dinner, $0.32/person)

No comments:

Post a Comment